Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekend snapshots

Snapshots from a weekend in Canberra …






1. dinner to celebrate John's birthday and our friends moving home from New Zealand. 
(the tablecloth was ironically found in an op shop in Parkes - western NSW - for $1)

2. a visit to the Australian War Memorial - such an emotional place.

3 & 4. Housewarming gifts - draft stoppers to cover the gaps under the doors. I used rice as the filling. 

5. A draft stopper (snake) finding its way into the toy box. This one is child friendly and stuffed with odds and ends (wool, felt, material, toy stuffing). 

Before heading home my friend and I joined in the 'Walk to De-Feet MND' this morning … a 5.5km walk along the edge of Lake Burley Griffin. A community event to raise awareness and money for Motor Neurone Disease. A great way to end my quick visit, a walk in a beautiful place to support a worthy cause close to my friend's heart. 

Thank you for a great weekend E, S & S!!

luv neen x


1 comment:

  1. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful to me. Thank you for sharing great information to us

    ReplyDelete