Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Minnie's Lemon Butter

In the backyard of the old country house, where I stayed (and worked) during my holidays, grew a large lemon tree, whose branches were loaded with lovely juicy lemons :) Naturally I came home with a bucket full so had to look around for ways to preserve them.


My grandmother, Minnie, was celebrated for making lemon butter (especially by my father who loves the stuff). So I looked through her old recipe book and came across this recipe. 


With the internet providing conversions from pounds, ounces and fluid ounces (fluid ounces???), I filled up Minnie's double saucepan and produced 4 jars of lemon butter. 


I call it lemon butter but it is also known as lemon curd and is apparently good on toast, in tarts, and how about a lemon pie?? While I was never a fan of lemon butter as a kid, I might just be converted with this sweet tasting jar of sunshine :)


Luv Neen x

1 comment:

  1. I love lemons in handmade goodies. the jar of lemon butter looks scrumptious. x

    ReplyDelete